The process of seal coating asphalt protects your pavement and dramatically improves the overall appearance of your driveway or parking lot. We will use the following steps to insure that the asphalt seal coating process is completed properly.
1. BLOCK – We block off the designated area first to prepare the space for seal coating. Our team will also make sure that all automated sprinkler systems are turned off until 24 hours after the work has been completed.
2. CLEAN – Cleaning the entire area from debris is very important for the sealant to bond correctly with the existing asphalt. We use blowers, brooms and brushes to eliminate all the debris from the area.
3. PRIME – After a careful evaluation of the pavement’s condition, our crew will cover any oil and chemical spots with primer.
4. PATCH & FILL – All isolated cracks 1/4″ or larger will recieve hot crack fill. This does not include spider web cracks, or areas that resemble shattered glass. All patchwork will be completed at an additional charge**
5. SEAL – Now that the entire area has been completely prepped, we apply at least two coats of a high-quality commercial grade sealer. The seal coating will need to dry for at least 12 hours.
6. RESTRIPE – When the seal coating has dried, we will restripe the parking lot and repaint any specific pavement markings that you’ve requested.
7. OPEN – Before we open the parking lot or driveway to traffic again, we will do a thorough walk-through with you to make sure you’re completely satisfied.